When patients present to urgent care centers, it is common for a clinician to have to make a decision or treatment plan without any previous clinical data about the patient. HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is able to provide these organizations valuable information about patients when they need it most. Urgent care centers are able to leverage the information in the HSX clinical data repository to make more informed care decisions and eliminate time spent with patients collecting their past medical history.
Direct Secure Messaging
Utilizing the national Direct Project standards, HSX helps members send and receive confidential patient health information by Direct Secure Messaging. This service transmits secure, electronic messaging between providers directly into their Electronic Health Record (EHR). If an organization’s EHR cannot support direct, HSX can provide a secure portal for organizations to use. Webmail, a web-based platform, allows providers to receive any type of clinical information including but not limited to Continuity of Care Documents, Encounter Notification Service or Referrals.
Provider Directory (PD)
Our Provider Directory (PD) contains over 15,000 direct addresses for clinical providers who actively participate with HSX. Members can utilize our directory to send secure messages regarding patients including Continuity of Care (CCD) Documents to other providers on the patient’s care team. Through our PD, members can securely communicate beyond their organization with other HSX member-based providers and participants regarding patient care.
Automated Care Team Finder (ACTF)
- With patient consent, HSX can use the patient’s member identification with his or her healthcare insurer to identify the patient’s primary care provider and route continuity of care (C-CDA) documents, containing discharge information from behavioral health organizations, leveraging the HSX Provider Directory.
Encounter Notification Service (ENS)
- Behavioral health providers can subscribe to panels of patients and receive timely notifications when their patients are hospitalized or present to an emergency department and then are subsequently discharged.
- Patients must give consent to in order to be subscribed for by behavioral health providers.
- Encounter Notification Service (ENS) Overview
Clinical Data Repository
- Collects and retains medical-records data about patients, permitting a patient’s provider and/or care-team members to query for clinical information.
- Authorized users have the opportunity to access the CDR through the HSX query portal or through EHR integration.
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) Overview