When patients present to urgent care centers, it is common for a clinician to have to make a decision or treatment plan without any previous clinical data about the patient. HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is able to provide these organizations valuable information about patients when they need it most. Urgent care centers are able to leverage the information in the HSX clinical data repository to make more informed care decisions and eliminate time spent with patients collecting their past medical history.
Direct Secure Messaging (Direct) / Provider Directory (PD)
- Point-to-point exchange of clinical information between providers using the national Direct Project standards — included, but not limited to, sending of continuity of care (C-CDA) documents with discharge information and referrals for transitions of care. HSX can offer direct addresses to providers and organizations as needed.
- The HSX PD contains more than 10,000 direct addresses for healthcare providers who actively participate with HSX for direct messaging; interoperability testing is completed before providers’ direct addresses are added to the PD to ensure behavioral health organizations can engage with Direct in a meaningful way.
Automated Care Team Finder (ACTF)
- With patient consent, HSX can use the patient’s member identification with his or her healthcare insurer to identify the patient’s primary care provider and route continuity of care (C-CDA) documents, containing discharge information from behavioral health organizations, leveraging the HSX Provider Directory.
Encounter Notification Service (ENS)
- Behavioral health providers can subscribe to panels of patients and receive timely notifications when their patients are hospitalized or present to an emergency department and then are subsequently discharged.
- Patients must give consent to in order to be subscribed for by behavioral health providers.
- Encounter Notification Service (ENS) Overview
Clinical Data Repository
- Collects and retains medical-records data about patients, permitting a patient’s provider and/or care-team members to query for clinical information.
- Authorized users have the opportunity to access the CDR through the HSX query portal or through EHR integration.
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) Overview