HealthShare Exchange of Southeastern Pennsylvania will issue its third annual HIE Champions awards to area healthcare and health information professionals who have delivered vital efforts in making clinical patient information available at important points of care throughout the region. This year included the “year of the team,” as critical groups of health information staff members at HSX member organizations collectively highlighted the year’s contributions to making interoperable patient information a reality in the local healthcare system.
The 2015 HIE Champions are:
- Main Line Health –Troy Brailo, Jon Marshalek, and Jamie Mitchell
- Aria Health – Ed Goldfarb, Mitchell Stavitz, Joe Carson, and Dan Walsh
- Temple Health – Steve Carson, Alyssa Nardi, Sharon Lacquer
- Independence Blue Cross – Peter Lam, James Denyer, Efram Silberstein
- Pete Mercuri – PA REACH
- Karen Scoles, MD – Crozer-Keystone Health System
HSX and its board of trustees will honor these HIE champions at HealthShare Exchange’s annual offsite meeting, November 23, 2015, at the Villanova Conference Center.