Philadelphia, PA – March 15, 2021 – HealthShare Exchange (HSX), an industry leader in making electronic patient-care information available to the greater Philadelphia healthcare community, today announced its 2020 HSX Champions. This award recognizes individuals or teams that have gone above and beyond to promote HSX within their own organizations and extend the value and capabilities of HSX to other organizations.
The 2020 HSX Champions are:
- Secretary Robert Torres and Tom Snedden, Department of Aging, PACE Program – In recognition of Secretary Torres and Mr. Snedden providing invaluable guidance and insights for the 2020 ONC STAR HIE Program Award and supporting the expansion of HSX’s relationships with Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs), Benefit Data Trust (BDT) and the Department of Aging.
- Claire Newbern, City of Philadelphia – Honoring Dr. Newbern’s assistance to HSX in navigating Electronic Lab Reporting (ELR), Electronic Case Reporting (eCR), COVID reports, the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM) dashboard and Master Patient Index (MPI) data feed, as well as her support of HSX’s application for the ONC STAR HIE program award.
- Dr. David McBride, Crossover Health – In honor of Dr. McBride’s advocacy for health information exchanges (HIEs) for ambulatory practices and leading the implementation and further adoption of HSX within the Crossover Health system.
- David B. Nash, MD, MBA, Jefferson Health – Recognizing Dr. Nash’s advice, leadership and guidance to the HSX leadership team over the years, as well as laying the foundation for HSX’s strategic partnership with the American Diabetes Association and introduction to MDClone that enabled HSX to participate in a local and national health registry for COVID-19.
- Billy Oglesby, PhD, MBA, MSPH, Jefferson Health – Honoring Dr. Oglesby’s support of HSX’s Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant, as well as supporting HSX’s contribution to the COVID-19 registry, advocating for Jefferson Health to serve as a Clinical Data Partner in the registry and encouraging other healthcare organizations to follow suit.
- Toria Thompson, HSX Payer Member Organization – Recognizing Ms. Thompson’s consistent support of HSX over the past four years, including her insights around HEDIS Data Gathering that led to a new service offering for all HSX health plan members.
“The Coronavirus pandemic has shown that sharing real-time patient information between providers is critical to maintain the overall health of the community. HSX is proud to support that data exchange as part of the ecosystem dedicated to delivering the highest-quality care,” said Martin Lupinetti, President & Chief Executive Officer of HealthShare Exchange. “These HSX Champions embody that commitment to the patients across our region, and we are proud to recognize their contributions to healthcare in the greater Philadelphia region. We look forward to our continued partnership with them.”
As a nonprofit, member-driven collaboration of the greater Philadelphia region’s healthcare stakeholders, HSX envisions a trusted community working together to deliver better care to consumers. HealthShare Exchange has more than 400 member organizations and securely delivers electronic patient health information on more than 12 million patients throughout the Greater Philadelphia region. To learn more, visit https://healthshareexchange.org/.
About HealthShare Exchange
HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is a nonprofit community-directed organization that gathers and makes electronic patient health information available securely at the point of care throughout the Greater Philadelphia/Delaware Valley area’s healthcare ecosystem. HSX links disparate electronic medical record (EMR) systems of hospitals, health systems and healthcare stakeholders across the continuum of care along with the clinical data of healthcare insurers for Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. HSX services deliver real-time clinical information to our members, including a patient’s medical history as well as notifications to enable improved outcomes, care coordination and more cost-effective care for over 12 million patients. HSX is a HITRUST certified organization, a PA P3N certified Health Information Organization (HIO), a State of NJ Trusted Data Sharing Organization (TDSO) and is part of the national eHealth Exchange. For more information, visit https://www.healthshareexchange.org/ or follow us on Twitter (@HealthShareExch) and LinkedIn.