HealthShare Exchange of Southeastern Pennsylvania (HSX) is pleased to announce to its membership that the HSX board of directors has approved execution of an agreement with the PA eHealth Partnership Authority, enabling HSX’s connectivity and participation in the Pennsylvania Patient & Provider Network (P3N). The agreement will enable HSX to share clinical information with other Pennsylvania health information exchanges (HIEs). HSX will become part of a statewide network of clinical information exchange, allowing it to connect with HIEs in northeast, central, and western Pennsylvania and permitting providers across the state to securely access critical health information, as needed, on patients cared for in participating Pa. medical facilities and practices.
The services and value that HSX and its members gain from participation in P3N include access to and use of:
- the Pa. state enterprise master patient index;
- the Pa. statewide provider directory;
- centralized HIE consent registry management;
- Pa. state clinical registries;
- and potential future grants to assist in accelerating HIE connectivity.