PHILADELPHIA – February 16, 2023 – HealthShare Exchange (HSX), an industry leader in clinical data sharing to support care management, quality improvement and population health for the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware healthcare communities, today announces its 2022 HSX Champions. This annual award recognizes the individuals and teams that have gone above and beyond to promote HSX within their own organizations, as well as extend the value and capabilities of HSX to other organizations.
The 2022 honorees include:
- Matt Schuller, MS, RHIA., Director of Health IT, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) – Matt has been a strong advocate and valuable partner for HSX within the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) system, driving forward BCBSA’s shared mission to improve care and lower costs, and designing effective health data interoperability solutions for BCBS’ needs that HSX could sustain. Additionally, Matt has led demonstrations that included real-time member data on more than 1.2 million BCBS BlueCard® members, as well as campaigned on HSX’s behalf to promote the value of clinical data to garner the support of his 34 BCBS member plans.
- Vandna Bhrany, Vice President of Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) Strategy & Analytics, AmeriHealth Caritas – Vandna served as a critical advisor to HSX as the company pursed NCQA’s DAV certification and developed its approach to making clinical data more performant for quality measurement, population health and other non-treatment uses. She educated the team on health plans’ internal HEDIS® processes and workflows so that HSX could develop a compatible approach. Additionally, Vandna served an HSX University panelist introducing the DAV service to the HSX membership, and is an active member of HSX’s Data Quality Work Group, representing the payer perspective on factors that influence the usability of the clinical data and critiquing our methods for reviewing and assessing data quality.
- Angela Ennis, Sr. Manager, Project and Program Management, Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania – Angela oversaw Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania’s onboarding for HSX’s Encounter Notification Service (ENS) and Query Portal, meeting the needs of both her own team and HSX to ensure a successful onboarding. She was committed to the Magellan team gaining immediate value through a phased approach to data access.
- Marie Ruddy, Health Information Exchange Program Manager, and Paul Halucka, Integrations Solutions Engineer, Nemours Children’s Health – Marie and Paul worked with HSX to integrate encounter notifications into their Epic electronic medical record (EMR) workflows and had a clear vision of what they wanted to accomplish, knowing what would work best for their clinical teams. In collaboration with the HSX technical team, Marie and Paul pushed the envelope of existing technology given their previous experience and expertise in the field.
- Family of Caring Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) – The Family of Caring SNFs onboarded many facilities to the HSX network to ensure compliance with New Jersey Assembly Bill 4476. Their team, comprised of Joyce Turpin, Delmarc Anora, Jerry Friedman, Mirlana Morris, Mario Blessing, Beth Cookson, approached it as more than a “check the box” exercise and have become a great HSX partner.
- Jeff Thurston, Vice President of Integrated Systems, CareOne – Jeff led the data feed and data access compliance efforts for more than 30 CareOne facilities, including adherence with New Jersey Health Information Network (NJHIN) requirements. He effectively communicated what their facilities needed, given the volume of locations and geographic coverage.
“The team at HSX strives to truly partner with our members and help them derive the most value from the data that is securely flowing through our networks so they can deliver the highest quality patient care,” said Martin Lupinetti, President and Chief Executive Officer at HealthShare Exchange. “I’m proud to recognize each of our 2022 HSX Champions for the ways that they have collaborated with the HSX team, as well as led and advocated for their respective organizations’ healthcare information sharing efforts.”
HSX connects more than 500 entities across the greater Philadelphia region to support seamless information sharing across the continuum of care. By linking the disparate electronic medical record (EMR) systems of more than 60 hospitals, 10 health plans and other healthcare stakeholders, HSX is enabling the highest quality treatment for patients across the region and the country.
About HealthShare Exchange
HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is a nonprofit community-directed organization that gathers and makes electronic patient health information available securely at the point of care throughout the Greater Philadelphia/Delaware Valley area’s healthcare ecosystem. HSX links disparate electronic medical record (EMR) systems of hospitals, health systems and healthcare stakeholders across the continuum of care along with the clinical data of healthcare insurers for Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
HSX services deliver real-time clinical information to our members, including a patient’s medical history as well as notifications to enable improved outcomes, care coordination and more cost-effective care for over 19 million patients. HSX is a HITRUST r2 certified organization, a PA P3N certified Health Information Organization (HIO), a State of NJ Trusted Data Sharing Organization (TDSO) and is part of the national eHealth Exchange. For more information, visit https://www.healthshareexchange.org/ or follow us on Twitter (@HealthShareExch) and LinkedIn.