Skip to content
- [Covered Entity Name] participates with one or more secure health information organization networks (each, an “HIO”), including an HIO called “HealthShare Exchange of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Inc., (“HSX”), which makes it possible for [Covered Entity Name] to share your Health Information electronically through a secure connected network.
- [Covered Entity Name] may share or disclose your Health Information to HSX and other secure HIOs, including HIOs contracted with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and even HIOs in other states.
- Other health care providers, including physicians, hospitals and other health care facilities, that are also connected to the same HIO network as [Covered Entity Name] can access your Health Information for treatment, payment and other authorized purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to “opt-out” or decline to participate in having [Covered Entity Name] share your Health Information through networked HIOs.
- If you choose to opt-out of data-sharing through HIOs, [Covered Entity Name] will no longer share your Health Information through an HIO network, however it will not prevent how your information otherwise is typically accessed and released to authorized individuals in accordance with the law, including being transmitted through other secure mechanisms (i.e., by fax or an equivalent technology).