In an effort to enhance collaboration across all transitions of care, HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is working with Home Health organizations to provide a comprehensive view of data for patients who are transitioning to and from different care settings. Valuable time can be lost in these settings trying to gather information on a patient from multiple sources. By participating with HSX, home health organizations have the opportunity to not only see patient information, but also communicate with providers and hospitals to better coordinate care.
Direct Secure Messaging
Utilizing the national Direct Project standards, HSX helps members send and receive confidential patient health information by Direct Secure Messaging. This service transmits secure, electronic messaging between providers directly into their Electronic Health Record (EHR). If an organization’s EHR cannot support direct, HSX can provide a secure portal for organizations to use. Webmail, a web-based platform, allows providers to receive any type of clinical information including but not limited to Continuity of Care Documents, Encounter Notification Service or Referrals.
Provider Directory (PD)
Our Provider Directory (PD) contains over 15,000 direct addresses for clinical providers who actively participate with HSX. Members can utilize our directory to send secure messages regarding patients including Continuity of Care (CCD) Documents to other providers on the patient’s care team. Through our PD, members can securely communicate beyond their organization with other HSX member-based providers and participants regarding patient care.
Clinical Data Repository
- Collects and retains medical-records data about patients, permitting a patient’s provider and/or care-team members to query for clinical information.
- Authorized users from home health organization have the opportunity to access the CDR through the HSX query portal or through integration with an electronic health record (EHR) for their clients.
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) Overview
Encounter Notification Service (ENS)
- Home Health organizations can subscribe to panels of clients and receive timely notifications when their clients are hospitalized or present to an emergency department and then are subsequently discharged.
- Admission, discharge, transfer (ADT) feeds from more than 50 member facilities in the region support ENS today.
- Encounter Notification Service (ENS) Overview