From primary care offices to a broad range of specialists, HealthShare Exchange (HSX) offers services to assist in providing quality and timely information that benefits patients and providers.
Currently, there are more than 120 independent ambulatory practices utilizing a variety of services to increase efficiency in the office setting and improve patient satisfaction and outcomes.
Whether it’s being notified that a patient has just been discharged from a HSX-member hospital or receiving information about a newly referred patient prior to the patient’s visit, HSX can improve the value of each patient encounter that comes with the sharing of data at the right place and time.
Direct Secure Messaging
Utilizing the national Direct Project standards, HSX helps members send and receive confidential patient health information by Direct Secure Messaging. This service transmits secure, electronic messaging between providers directly into their Electronic Health Record (EHR). If an organization’s EHR cannot support direct, HSX can provide a secure portal for organizations to use. Webmail, a web-based platform, allows providers to receive any type of clinical information including but not limited to Continuity of Care Documents, Encounter Notification Service or Referrals.
Provider Directory (PD)
Our Provider Directory (PD) contains over 15,000 direct addresses for clinical providers who actively participate with HSX. Members can utilize our directory to send secure messages regarding patients including Continuity of Care (CCD) Documents to other providers on the patient’s care team. Through our PD, members can securely communicate beyond their organization with other HSX member-based providers and participants regarding patient care.
Automated Care Team Finder (ACTF)
In an effort to support patient Transition of Care visits, HSX routes CCDs containing important discharge information to a patient’s Primary Care Provider. The service identifies patients through their healthcare insurance identification to quickly determine providers involved in medical care and automatically deliver pertinent clinical information through direct secure messaging.
Encounter Notification Service (ENS)
- Practices and Clinics subscribe to panels of patients and receive timely notifications when their patients are hospitalized or present to an emergency department and then are subsequently discharged.
- Admission, discharge, transfer (ADT) feeds from more than 50 member facilities in the region support ENS today.
Clinical Data Repository (CDR)
- Collects and retains medical-records data about patients, permitting a patient’s provider and/or care-team members to query for clinical information.
- Ambulatory practices and clinics have the opportunity to access the CDR through the HSX query portal or through integration with an electronic health record (EHR) for their patients.
Clinical Activity History (CAH)
HSX integrates with patient insurance providers to receive recent claims history. The patient’s insurance claims data is compiled into a Continuity of Care Document and is sent to requesting healthcare providers. Healthcare providers can access centralized clinical information through our Clinical Data Repository or in their Electronic Health Record via Direct Secure Messaging.
CPC+ Performance Reporting Portal (PRP)
- Practices participating in the Greater Philadelphia Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) Program will be able to access quarterly performance reports derived from claims data.
- Practices have the ability to review measures within the reporting period, view individual and practice level data and monitor trends over time.
|Direct Secure Messaging (Direct)|
|Encounter Notification Service
Access through Direct, Secure File Transfer
Access through ENSahre Real Time Notification Tool
Inclusive of Hospital/ED and Long-Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facility data
|Clinical Data Repository
Access through Query Portal
|Clinical Data Repository
Access through EHR Integration
*Access to the Performance Reporting Portal (PRP) is restricted to practices and providers participating in the Greater Philadelphia CPC+ Program. Participating practices contracting at any level will be able to access the PRP.