PHILADELPHIA – May 24, 2022 – HealthShare Exchange (HSX), an industry leader in data sharing to support care management, quality improvement and population health for the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware healthcare communities, today announced its 2021 HSX Champions. This annual award recognizes the individuals and teams that have gone above and beyond to promote HSX within their own organizations, as well as extend the value and capabilities of HSX to other organizations.
The 2021 honorees are:
- Brandon Fisher, Jen Marinzoli and Tom Morgan, Merakey USA – Merakey is the first outpatient behavioral health organization to share data with HSX. The company joined the HIE in 2021 as part of Pennsylvania’s Health Information Organization (HIO) Onboarding Grant. Their team worked diligently to implement electronic consent and begin sharing Admission, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) notifications and Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs).
- Nadine DeAngelis, Premier Healthcare Management – Nadine has been an HSX supporter for many years. As a transitions care manager at several skilled nursing facilities in the Greater Philadelphia Area, she has worked to leverage HSX data herself and engage key stakeholders at the individual facilities to reduce hospital readmissions and streamline hand-offs from the acute to post-acute care setting.
- Jon Nelson, Humana – Jon worked closely with HSX in 2021 to enhance Humana’s participation with the HIE. He was instrumental in expanding Humana’s receipt of data from across Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He also collaborated with the HSX team to improve data quality received and, as a result, increase the value of the HSX data set for his organization.
- Amy Rudden, Michelle Cavallaro, Steve Vranich and Tony D’Alonzo, Bayada Home Health Care Inc. – Bayada Home Health is one of the few home health organizations that shares data with HSX, and this team helped the company successfully meet the HIO Onboarding Grant requirements in 2021. Additionally, Bayada Home Health Care partnered with HSX to pilot the use of the Query Portal and ENShare. Following the successful trial, Bayada Home Health Care is expanding use of these services across Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Dr. Aasta Mehta, MD, Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Division of Maternal, Child and Family Health – Dr. Aasta Mehta has been integral to the obstetrics (OB) referrals project that began in 2021. She has been a critical asset in helping the HSX team understand the need for more streamlined OB referrals and identifying ways that technology can support electronic information sharing.
- Jackie Kane, RN, Joyce Pedrick and Robin Sambuco, RN, Guardian Nurses Healthcare Advocates – The Guardian Nurses team has maximized their use of HSX services for the populations they serve. Considered ENShare and Query Portal “super users”, their team has provided constructive feedback and are quick to connect with HSX if there are any concerns with data receipt or quality. This attention to detail is instrumental in helping the HSX team identify areas for improvement, which is critical as more organizations connect to HSX.
“We have seen the positive impact of secure, real-time data sharing between providers on patient care and outcomes, and we are excited to continue working with these organizations to further extend our value in 2022,” said Martin Lupinetti, President and Chief Executive Officer at HealthShare Exchange. “The 2021 HSX Champions represent the wide variety of healthcare organizations who are benefitting from secure information sharing and we are proud to recognize them as our advocates and our partners.”
HSX empowers data-driven healthcare by connecting more than 500 entities in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware region to support seamless information sharing across the continuum of care. By linking the disparate electronic medical record (EMR) systems of more than 60 hospitals, 10 health plans and other healthcare stakeholders, HSX is enabling the highest quality treatment for patients across the region and the country. With the HSX MarketStreet platform, healthcare entities can securely connect to innovative products, applications and services employing health data and/or healthcare integration.
About HealthShare Exchange
HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is a nonprofit community-directed organization that gathers and makes electronic patient health information available securely at the point of care throughout the Greater Philadelphia/Delaware Valley area’s healthcare ecosystem. HSX links disparate electronic medical record (EMR) systems of hospitals, health systems and healthcare stakeholders across the continuum of care along with the clinical data of healthcare insurers for Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. HSX services deliver real-time clinical information to our members, including a patient’s medical history as well as notifications to enable improved outcomes, care coordination and more cost-effective care for over 13 million patients. HSX is a HITRUST certified organization, a PA P3N certified Health Information Organization (HIO), a State of NJ Trusted Data Sharing Organization (TDSO) and is part of the national eHealth Exchange. For more information, visit https://www.healthshareexchange.org/ or follow us on Twitter (@HealthShareExch) and LinkedIn.